Bespoke is pleased to offer the highest-quality admissions advising for students applying to schools in the United States, Canada, and certain countries abroad.
The process of applying to schools can be an incredible opportunity for growth and a chance to discover what students are truly passionate about. It is a time of personal discovery and an occasion to research a variety of places and educational programs to figure out where they will flourish and continue to grow over the next few years.
College and Graduate School Admissions
Our college and graduate school admissions team can advise on many parts of the application process, including:
- Early High School Decisions: Consider starting the process in ninth or tenth grade with just two to three hours of counseling so we can get to know your student and advise on summer programs, resume building, high school course selection, and standardized testing.
- The List: Not sure which colleges to apply to? We help find the best fit by “interviewing” your student and evaluating all testing, transcripts, extracurricular activities, and other materials. Our college counselors will then help your student create or refine a college list.
- The Application: The application process can be stressful, but our advisors are here to help. We assist with every part of the process—from meeting deadlines to crafting great essays to completing the Common App—and help your student be the best applicant possible.
- FAFSA and Scholarship: Need help filing financial aid forms or searching for potential scholarship money? Our advisors can assist in getting the money your family needs to help pay for college.
High School Admissions
We are delighted to offer admissions counseling to families interested in applying to independent, boarding, and public high schools in and around New York City. Our admissions advisors can help you and your student define a list of target schools, prepare for interviews, and create a personal statement.
Our Expert Advisors
Jenny Davis has evaluated thousands of college applications and helped hundreds of high schoolers and their parents navigate the college application process. She began her admissions career at the University of Chicago, where she served as Assistant Director, coordinated the merit scholarship selection process, and wrote several of the infamous “Uncommon Application” essay questions. Jenny then served as a college counselor at one of NYC’s most innovative private schools. She has led essay workshops nationwide, and advises students on the entire college application process in the United States and abroad. Jenny feels that while the college application process requires significant discipline on the part of any student, it’s a terrific opportunity for discovery and reflection. She works hard to help students see the “big picture” and seek out environments that will foster their intellectual, emotional, and professional growth.
Kirby Mosenthal grew up in Westchester County and graduated Magna Cum Laude from Denison University. She holds a Master’s Degree in School Counseling from Hunter College. Kirby combines her experience working in admissions at Denison with her current expertise as a high school guidance counselor to help students and parents through the college search, interview, application, and decision processes. Kirby employs a calm and thoughtful approach in facilitating family communication, planning, and organization throughout the college application experience.
Sarah Hartmann grew up in Wyoming and completed her IB Diploma before attending Barnard College, where she graduated with a degree in Theater. She earned her MA in Higher Education from Teacher’s College, Columbia University with a focus on college access and the role of the arts in higher education. Sarah has previously worked in college admissions and has significant experience with the college application process, including essay writing. Sarah is passionate about helping students reach their potential and tutors all sections of the SAT and ACT.
“I not only got into my first choice of college Early Decision, but I also found a school that I love and think I can flourish at. Jenny Davis was one of the first people to recommend that I take a look at the university. Throughout the past couple of years, she’s helped me think through what I’m looking for in a college, given me advice when I was struggling to figure out what I wanted to do during the summer, and helped me with both my Common App and my supplemental essays. She is also fun, engaging, super prompt, and warm.”
– College admissions advising student