Bespoke’s tutors provide the organization and study skills that support students throughout a lifetime of learning.
Organization and executive functioning can be a challenge for some students. Many middle and high schoolers don’t yet know how to plan for a long-term project, how to study for a big test, or how to manage the day-to-day stream of assignments. We can help!
Our tutors have decades of experience supporting long-term student development through fundamental study skills and organization principles. We help our students build a combination of habits and practices that suit their specific needs. This creates the conditions for independent academic success: our students finish tutoring sessions feeling equipped, confident, and successful.
Here are some suggestions of skills we can help your student build:
- Effective time management
- Productive review for upcoming tests
- Binder organization
- Division of large projects into smaller tasks
- Personalized note-taking
- Keeping track of homework assignments and due dates
- Successful planner use
- Efficient use of school resources such as teacher office hours or study hall
- Proactive content review throughout the semester to avoid “cramming” before tests
- Research project or paper planning and scheduling
- “Free period” use at school
- Optimization of a physical and/or virtual workspace
- Scheduling study time during finals and Regents seasons
- Academic enrichment during summer break
- And much more!!
“Our experience far exceeded our expectations, and our son (and both parents) are impressed by his growth in his area of challenge.”
– Parents of study skills student